I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cooking, Critters and First Tomatoes


I was so busy eating at this month's cooking class that I forgot to take phone photos. We made Bison Burgers with Thousand Island Barbecue Dressing (pictured), Bratwurst with Tomato Jam and Sauerkraut, and Grilled Portobello & Goat Cheese Sandwiches. I didn't expect to like the bison burgers but they were very tasty.


Randy got a new bread pan...it's called a Pullman Pan (kinda looks like the railroad car) and it makes great sandwich bread without much crust. This loaf was made with white whole wheat flour.


Something was eating a corn plant a day for the last 4 days so we put out a trap and we caught this very fat and rather large mouse. He or she took a ride to the golf course with the dogs this morning and was relocated!


Our first tomatoes!!! They are really our second, third and fourth tomatoes. We were waiting to pick our first tomato and a critter beat us to it.....left just the skin. Randy wasn't taking any chances with these three and picked them a day or two earlier than he would have liked. We are going to enjoy them with the thoughts of more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment