I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Friday, November 8, 2013

Pansy Time


Our early morning temperatures have ranged from 25 degrees to 35 degrees lately. The marigolds have "bit the dust." It's pansy time!


Pansies supposedly can withstand our winter temperatures. The key, however, is that they need 6 hours of sunlight every day. I tried planting them on our west deck last year and they didn't survive. I am avoiding that deck this year. The south deck is now full of pansies…..three window boxes and two tubs.


I also put some in several pots near the garden area but they may not get enough sun……still checking on them each day and I may have to move them.


Fall color does exist, although it is a tree here and there like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment