I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Friday, December 17, 2010

The Grinder

This lovely thing is a grinder. The city building codes require that we put one of these babies in. It's purpose is to grind food and all other waste and pump it into the sewer system. It cost us $6000.


When Mike was digging the hole for the grinder he ran into rock in the last six inches. He had to hook his hydraulic hammer up to his backhoe to break the rock up so that we could complete the sewer system installation.


The grinder is buried but it has a fake fiberglass hollow rock on top that can be removed if the pump needs servicing.


As far as I am concerned this is just one more reason to compost (and avoid the grinder).

No comments:

Post a Comment