I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Front Door and Furniture Lay Out Issues

We tried cutting out the dimensions of the furniture that will be in the great room......just to see if it all fits. It doesn't. One of the problems is the large oriental carpet we have (23 ft. x 11 ft.). The other problem is the two large recliners that need to be in a good spot for TV viewing.
Below is a photo of the oak table.......which seems too close to the kitchen bar area at the moment.


This is the couch......tried it several ways....none of which I love. I had hoped to put a desk or console in back of it but it seems too crowded. This is a fairly big room so there has to be a way for this all to work. I will keep thinking.....


Let's change the subject.......here is the front door portico. It's coming along nicely. Matt spent a lot of time up there today.



Regarding the electricity issue.....Randy has an appointment with the real estate broker and a lawyer tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment