I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Drilling for Water

We want our own well for house use and irrigation. There are a number of wells around us so we are hoping we will strike water!

Chris arrived with his rig this morning.


The drill portion is about 35 ft. tall.



Each pipe section is 20 ft. long. He used water to limit the amount of granite dust that he produced with the drill.


He worked until about 2:00 and hopefully will be back tomorrow......or the next day.


Muddy granite dust.....


He drilled to about 140 ft. We are hoping to hit water by 240 ft. You just never know.


He said that water might come up out of the hole which I would think would be a good sign. We will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment