I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Monday, October 17, 2011

A Week in Maine

My younger son, Jake, and I spent a week with my older son and his wife. Ryan and Stephanie live in China, Maine.


Jake and Ryan.....together again. It was so wonderful to be with them both.


We spent a day in Belfast, a coastal town about 30 minutes from Ryan's. We had a fish lunch overlooking the harbor.


I thought the fall color was amazing. The "leaf peepers" said it wasn't a great year for color but I was impressed.


We hiked in Acadia National Park.......gorgeous.


At the top of the trail........what a view!
In Bar Harbor we sailed on a 151 ft. schooner....the oldest boat on the eastern coast.



We found an old lighthouse to explore.


We spent a day in Camden. They are getting ready to shrink wrap and pull all of the boats out of the harbor. This crew was painting the masts.


Love the old buildings....


This is Ryan's cute house. He has a beautiful backyard....lots of birch trees. He has bird and squirrel feeders around the perimeter......the raccoons visit the feeders too.


It was a wonderful week.....only two days of rain. Jake has better photos and I am sure he will post them soon.

Cooper update: While I was gone Cooper got bit by a coyote. Cooper was laying in front of the house at about ten o'clock in the morning and a coyote came up to him and bit him in the behind. Cooper chased the coyote...not good. Randy heard the commotion and got Cooper to come back to the house. Randy took him to the vet and got some antibiotics and a rabies booster shot. We can't let him out by himself now. This coyote is getting pretty bold so we are going to call Animal Control and see what they recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment