I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Digital Photography Class Photos

I am enjoying the digital photography class I am taking at Gila Community College. We have an assignment each week. This week I decided to walk around the neighborhood and focus on photos that might look good in black and white.


Several of our neighbors have houses in the valley and live there in the winter, so I walked around their yards and took some photos.



The camera takes the photo in color and I have been working in a program called Aperture to change the image into black and white and add a colored filter, sharpness, etc.



I have been "into" clouds lately....this day had some good ones.

We had a "water" assignment and Randy and I went to Tonto Creek to get these photos. I was trying for the "cotton candy" effect.


These photos were taken at the fish hatchery.



We have to do a series of photos this week.....not sure what my subject or theme will be.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Jeanne! How did you get the cotton candy effect with water? I am assuming you are in manual mode. I also love the cactus (yucca???) shot. Fantastic! Hope all is well with you guys.
    ~ Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anne,
    Thanks for looking at the photos. Good to hear from you! Hope all is well with you and your family. We used a very slow shutter speed on a tripod for the cotton candy effect. We were in shutter priority.....we picked the shutter speed and the camera picked the aperture.
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete