I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sedona Photos

Randy and I started out toward Camp Verde on Sunday. We were trying to find a trailhead outside of Camp Verde. We never did find it. My resource was a hiking guide that was published in 1995.....might have been the problem. I think I need to invest in some new hiking books.
We ended up in Sedona.....trying to capture some images for our photography class homework. This is a photo of Cathedral Rock.


It was a gorgeous day.......62 degrees and sunny.


We went to a place called Red Rock Crossing.


We used a tripod for most of these shots.



We wanted to capture the mirroring of the rock in the water. The red color of the rocks is due to a thin coating of iron oxide mineral.


Sedona is a beautiful place that is a 2 hour ride from Payson. I love to visit Sedona but would not want to live in a tourist attraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment