I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Butterflies in the Botanical Garden

We are now members of the Desert Botanical Gardens in Phoenix. We took a drive down to the valley on Monday. We spent a bit of time playing with our cameras in the Butterfly Garden. This butterfly is called a Pipevine Swallowtail.


This one is called Julia.


Zebra Longwing


Buckeye


Another Zebra Longwing


I showed some of these photos at our Digital Photography class on Tuesday. I learned that I needed to change my ISO....was shooting at 100. I should have tried 200 or more. I also used an autofocus and maybe should have tried manual focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment