I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

More Photos from the Botanical Gardens

Here are some more photos from the Desert Botanical Gardens in Phoenix. I was too busy taking photos to write down the names of plants. This photo is a bit out of focus but I was happy to catch the bee doing his thing.


This photo is a favorite of mine...




Things are just starting to bloom in the garden. We are going back down in a few weeks....things should even be more colorful.



These birds were busy building a nest in the cactus.


A strange way of growing.


This roadrunner showed up while we were eating lunch in an outside cafe.


These are interesting.


The garden is having a plant sale in a few weeks. We may go and see if there is anything that will grow in Payson. Our winters are kinda rough on a lot of plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment