I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Canning and Foot Progress


Randy has been busy canning some of the vegetables from the garden. He made pickled turnips, zucchini pickles and beets with orange and rosemary. I made a delicious chocolate zucchini cake....I ate half (over several days) and put the other half in the freezer.


I got my boot off yesterday.....yahoo! I have to take it easy for a month and slowly build up strength. Right now my left foot is taped and I am trying to wear athletic shoes as much as possible. It's just so nice to get rid of that big, bulky boot.


We are starting to get carrots......I love carrots. They might be my favorite vegetable. We have picked about half a dozen ears of corn. There are some worms on the tops but they are easily cut off. Did you know you could microwave corn in the husk? It takes about 2.5 minutes for our smaller ears. A larger eat would probably take about 4 minutes. It's so tasty and stays hot longer. AND you don't have to put a pot of water on the stove to boil.

No comments:

Post a Comment