I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Garden.....etc.


This is one of Cooper's favorite nap spots....on the stair landing between the first and second floors. He lays out and just hugs the wall.


I have been seeing a lot of tarantulas on my walks lately. I love to watch them. This guy was moving very fast and I only got a blurry photo with my iPhone.


This is pretty much the daily pick. We are getting a little tired of squash but are so enjoying the carrots, tomatoes and cucumbers.


Randy picked some basil this morning and made pesto. He tried the stick blender and it worked great. No need to get out (and clean up) the food processor.


Another favorite Cooper spot in the early morning and evenings (west deck). He watches over his domain. A herd of elk were splashing through the pond near us this morning at about 5:00 a.m. The young ones squeal and play in the water. I'll try to get a shot of them another day.....didn't want to get out of bed that early this morning.


As you can see things are greening up around us as we have had some rain......thank goodness. The garden is filling in and we are enjoying it so much.

My foot is SLOWLY getting better. Still no hiking for me yet. I manage a dog walk a day and a bit of exercising on the rowing machine, wii and a little treadmill. I'm hoping my foot will be good enough for the exercise classes we signed up for that start in a week.....Pilates, Physioball, and Yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment