I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Monday, September 1, 2014

Miscellaneous


We are enjoying blackberries this year. I can't believe the elk didn't find them! They are delicious with yogurt or with peaches and a "crisp" topping.


Lots of veggies coming from the garden each and every day. We cannot keep up with the cucumbers. We have given bags to our neighbors. We are headed to the food bank with them next week. Randy has made some great spaghetti sauce with the tomatoes….eight bags in our freezer for the winter. He also made some great sweet pickles…..a 12 day process.


Randy was headed to the golf course to give the dogs a run this morning. He spotted a group of elk in front of our neighbor's house. He said they looked like they were waiting for a bus. (Click on the pic to enlarge it.)


Randy is teaching a beginning photography class at our local community college. I am in his class (with permission). Our assignment this week was to use the various modes of our camera and to look for pattern.





How did I do? I have a new camera….Sony RX10…..and am learning about everything it can do.

2 comments:

  1. I love them all but my favorite is the firewood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Heidi. All very good... Firewood my favorite.

    ReplyDelete