I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Moving Day!

The rooster is going with us! Not quite sure how to pack him, but it will definitely remind me of Silveira. He was a gift from teachers and I will find a special spot for him. I love that he is made out of recycled parts.

The movers arrived at 8:30 this morning and worked until 6:00. It was 102 degrees today and we all drank water all day long. It was brutal! Marco, our driver, is going to Oakland tomorrow to pick up a load for Phoenix. He says he can deliver our stuff on September 1st which is excellent. We are leaving on the 30th and taking two days to drive to Payson. (I don't want to drive for 14 hours in one day.)

We have tranquilizers for the cats and "family tracker" on our iPhones so that we know where the other person is at all times.

Estate sale is this weekend. Those folks come tomorrow to start the set up.

We are enjoying the adventure so far!




I am so sick of packing. We have too much stuff! I guess everyone says that. It's hard to know where furniture will go once the new house is built so if there is any doubt.....I am taking it!
I plan to do a lot of furniture refinishing and painting this year coming up.....I'll have the time!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jeanne & Randy,

    I hope that things are much cooler in Arizona than here when you left. The rental house looks amazing! Things are moving along here at a rapid pace. Will is a great addition to MES and we all have nothing but good things to say about him - what a relief! We miss you! If it's ok with you, I might ask Will to share this blog at one of the assemblies. I think the kids would love to see it.
    All the best,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete