I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Building Site Photos

This is a photo of our lot on West Norris Court. As you can see we have a lot of granite! We think it is beautiful and the south facing windows in the great room look out on the "rock pile." The mountains in the distance are covered with pine trees. A farm full of llamas lives next door. I wonder if llama poop will make good compost for my future garden?


We have little cactus plants everywhere. I don't want the excavators to run over them. Should I try and transplant them?


We cleared the lot of most of the dead wood. We have small piles of firewood all over the place. Maybe I can hire a few high school students to put it in one big pile once we have a driveway and garage.


3 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful Jeanne! I'm pretty sure Brian said cactus plants are fairly easy to transplant. I can ask him if you'd like. You will definitely have to take pictures of those llamas next time you see them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanne and Randy,

    My husband is a huge cactus fan! Which before long you will be too. Our entire pool yard is landscaped with Cacti. They are hard to kill. Most can be transplanted very easily. The Sarento cacti is so easy to grow... you can cut the tops off (about 10 inches) and put it in the ground, water every so often-- and they take off! The flowers are amazing and smell awesome at night-but the blooms only last about a day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeanne! School is just not the same without you and we all miss you. Your new adventures look like so much fun. Planning a new home must be a total blast! I can't wait for more photos!

    Jenni and Chris too

    ReplyDelete