I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Getting Official


I spent some time at the local DMV this morning registering my car and getting an Arizona driver's license. People are very friendly in Payson....everywhere we go. It's really noticeable.The DMV has an efficient system as you get the license and the plate from them in a matter of minutes.
On the house front.....we talked to our architect this morning and made a few inside changes to the plans due to a furnace needing proper venting. The structural engineer has been told that we need his plans NOW. Matt, the builder, was out at the site this morning and is rearing to go. After we get the plans from the structural engineer, Matt can take them to the City of Payson/Building Department for approval. This can take up to 2 weeks but we are hopeful that it will be quicker as not much new building is happening right now. We are getting anxious to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment