I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Off to Phoenix

We loaded up the car with our old lawn furniture. We inherited the three chairs and chaise from Randy's mom. They are good pieces and worth recoating and rewebbing. We got a quote in California before we left.....$860. We took it to a vinyl company in Phoenix and the bill was $430. AND they put something special on it that withstands the Arizona sun. We're so glad we didn't have it done in California. I'll post the finished product when we get them back in October.
The drive to Phoenix looks like this...two lane road and not much traffic. It's 75 miles and takes about an hour and a half. The scenery changes as you get closer to Phoenix......lots of Saguaro cactus. They fascinate me and I hope to learn more about them.
We hit Trader Joe's and Costco in Scottsdale and stocked up on the way home. I do miss Trader Joe's!

No comments:

Post a Comment