I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Still Working on Lots of Projects

Randy has been puttering in his greenhouse. Most of these plants can go in the house or on the decks. He just ordered some new begonias and he planted some saguaro seeds....they are slow growers....in the "wild" they grow an inch or so in 8 years but can live for 125 years and weigh 6 tons or more AND be as tall as 50 feet!


I went shopping for lamp shades in Phoenix. Thank goodness for GPS....it's the only way I can get around in Phoenix/Scottsdale. Mary, the interior decorator, told me to get light shades if we were going to use the lamp for reading. I had fun choosing the finial at the top....black jade circle.


I went to IKEA in Tempe (1 1/2 hr. drive) to pick up this cabinet. It's perfect for storing weights, stretch bands, CDs, etc. in the exercise room. It came in white but the red just spoke to me.


We have slowly been hanging art work. It's hard to commit.


Guest room got some art too.


I have so many vintage family photos that I decided to put some away in an album and hang the rest on two picture rails in my office.


This pile is waiting for a bookcase that Bob, the cabinet maker, is working on. I would love for it to be done this week.....fingers crossed.

Today we are waiting for the Direct TV man to come....we can't get saved programs to show up in the exercise room. And the painter is coming one last time for touch up work.

No comments:

Post a Comment