I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

All Moved In....No Internet

We have been in our new home for a week. The boxes are slowly diminishing but it is still a bit of a mess.
We LOVE our house.
I can see the rocks, outlines of tree tops and stars from our bed each night. That was a nice surprise on our first night in the house. There are so many other wonderful things about it.....I will try to capture them in a later blog because......

We have no Internet at our house. I am sitting in a coffee house that has WIFI as our cable company has not been able to provide us with access. The company was recently bought by another company in St. Louis and everything is on hold. (We contacted them in October and they said no problem. Right!) We don't know when we are going to be able to have Internet. It's a bummer to say the least. So.....blogging is on hold for a while I'm afraid.

We don't miss TV and we can answer emails on our iPhones but we are so used to doing things via the Internet (like online banking!) that it has been a challenge. We could contract with a satellite company and have one tenth the speed we are used to.....ugh! We don't know how long we are going to have to wait.....that's the frustrating part.

I hope you all have a happy 4th of July weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment