I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Llama Poop is Amazing and Misc.

These squash/pumpkin plants were put in the ground just about 35 days ago.....llama poop is great stuff.
Randy got some young tomato plants from our cabinet maker and he plans to put them is 10 gallon sacks with some added llama poop....not too much as the plants will look good but not produce many tomatoes. He will have to experiment in order to get the right proportions.



Randy set up an automatic waterer for Cooper. It's big enough for 6 dogs! No...we are not going there.


Miscellaneous shots around the house......my office.


Guest bedroom

Guest bath


Great room

I call these chairs the "brown turds." They are comfortable but I sure wish we had ordered them in another color.




Upstairs powder room

Kitchen



Laundry

We went to Scottsdale at the end of last week and ordered a new coffee table and entry way cupboard.....will have to wait several weeks for them to arrive. Thanks, mom! (They were a gift from my mother.)

Solar electric panel installation is scheduled for tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. The house is looking so great! And the garden is fabulous! Question: Is that a rug in your office or is that the tile. Either way it is really cool! Love the kitchen. And although the "brown turds" may not be your first choice in color, I think they look great!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a rug.....pretty inexpensive one from Ikea. I bought it a while ago because I loved it and hoped I would have a spot for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house looks great, Mom. I can't wait to visit.

    P.S. Sorry you have to spend each night sitting in a giant turd (ewwww).

    ReplyDelete