I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Wild Weather

One of the gentlemen in our gardening class has several acres of garden and fruit trees. We took a field trip to his place to learn how to prune trees correctly. After about an hour we were forced to go back to the college due to rain. We took several big branches back with us to practice. We also were able to pick some of his apples.....which I put into an apple spice cake.


We woke up to lots of snow this morning. We were supposed to go on a PATS hike at 9 A.M. We decided to go anyway......no other hikers showed up except for Dusty, the leader of the group.


We hiked about four miles with Dusty....it was beautiful and about 35 degrees......a long underwear day.


This is a section of the Cypress Trail (about a 10 minute drive from our house).


Cooper loves the snow and I think he puts in three times the mileage that we do.


We came home, built a fire, made some bread and a big pot of soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment