I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cooking Class


One of the gals in my yoga class (in the red shirt) does a cooking class on Wednesdays. She changes the theme every month and repeats the class two or three times. This month her theme is "Salads with an Attitude". Each class costs $15.


It's basically a demonstration class and at the end you get to eat everything! She made Santa Fe Slaw with Carmelized Pecans, Corn, Bell Pepper and Red Potato Salad, Quinoa Salad with Apples, Walnuts, Dried Cranberries and Gouda AND individual Serrano Souffles on Greens with Pears and Pinon Nuts.


She has a huge granite island in her kitchen. Everything was just delicious!!! She emails the recipes ahead of time and you can let her know if you are allergic to anything. (I am happy to email anyone the recipes.)


These soufflés were to die for...........next month is Pizza on the Barbie.

1 comment: