I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Woods Canyon Lake Revisited



Woods Canyon Lake is one of seven in the Rim Lakes Recreation Area. So far it's my favorite but we have not visited them all. Folks love to fish for trout here. Only electric motors are allowed.


Cactus blooming on the rocks that jut out over the lake.


Forest surrounds the lake.......pine, fir, oak and aspen.


Cooper absolutely loves it here.


Part of the trail around the lake was detoured because of the nesting eagles. Can you see the nest in the middle of the photo? They should be ready to fledge in mid-July. (I needed our biggest telephoto lens to get a closer shot but we didn't bring it....maybe next time.)


Cooper and Randy pause for a photo on the trail.


The lake is at 7000 feet so it is about 10-15 degrees cooler than Payson. (We've been in the high 80s to low 90s lately.)


Cooper had such a grand time bounding after insects and ducks.

2 comments:

  1. Cooper looks like he's having a ball. Really wish Cooper and Roscoe could hang out. I can't wait to take Roscoe on his first hike. Maybe in about two months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that Coop and Roscoe can spend some time together in the near futture. They would have a grand time I am sure!

    ReplyDelete