I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Run In with a Coyote


Cooper can't win when it comes to coyotes. He was minding his own business, trotting along a path, when a coyote came out of the brush and bit him on his hind quarters.


We nursed it for a few days and then decided he needed to see the vet. She said the wound would have taken about 3 months to heal without stitches so we opted for stitches. Randy told them they had to do it with a local anesthesia. (The last time they put him out he was a zombie for three days.) He went into the operating room with Cooper and he did just fine.


The stitches come out on Friday. Cooper could care less about it.....hasn't affected his running, jumping or eating. I, on the other hand, am choosing not to walk him in our neighborhood as the coyotes seem to be out when I want to take an evening walk.

1 comment: