I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Turf In


I am standing on the street facing the house.....this is the side yard we have been working on. Pardon the construction mess.


Lattices are ready for white paint.


Turf is installed. We may do something different than the rock border.....not sure I like it.


The turf looks really green now compared to all the other vegetation. In other words, it sticks out like a sore thumb.


This rock border is definitely going away. We are going to try pavers.


This is the fire pit. We opted for propane rather than wood. (Who wants to smell like a camp fire all the time?) It was difficult to find a small one. This one is 28 inches in diameter.


Painting is next....lattice and window boxes. Then we will have to wait to plant. The waiting will be hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment