I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Riparian Preserve


Thought I would share some photos from our last photography class field trip.


We drove to Gilbert (Phoenix area...about 95 minutes from Payson) and walked around a number of ponds at the Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch.


An adult pair of Blue Herons and a "baby".



The preserve has 110 acres and is a water reclamation project.


This coot is one of 200 birds that have been sighted at the water ranch.


The preserve has an observatory and a variety of programs for school-age children plus regular family bird walks.


Love the colors on this Northern Pintail. (Click on the photo to enlarge.)

No comments:

Post a Comment