I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Wales Part I


After a ten hour plane ride, we needed to drive another 4 hours to Emily and Shifty's house. We stopped in Cardiff for a bite to eat.


I could have shot garden gates and fences all day long.


This is walking near Emily and Shifty's house. Everything was green and lush. Quite a contrast from the dry southwest.




We went to the local butcher shop for quite a bit of meat. Emily and Alex support the local shops rather than buying food at Tesco's (like Safeway). The butcher was roasting a whole pig for someone's party.


We went down to the docks in Milford Haven as they were having a festival to celebrate Fish Week.


Lots of local food products for sale.


Shifty keeps his sailboat here. He races every Wednesday evening. (It didn't get dark until about 10:30 at night.)


Shifty's boat is to the right of the bigger boat on the left side of the photo.


We enjoyed walks to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment