I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Monday, April 25, 2011

April 25th Update

The outside of the fireplace is done and the stone looks gorgeous. Cort, the stone guy, will be working on the inside this weekend. The siding is moving along. Pat worked on the front of the house today. Matt has been working on closet and pantry shelving, and he started on the bookcases in the master bedroom and my office downstairs.


Wildflowers are popping up on our lot. I have to get a book and learn the names of the flowers and some of the trees.


Darren and Dan started work on the tile in Randy's office and the master bath today. The office and laundry room have a ceramic tile that looks like slate but will be much easier to take care of. We have slate in our rental house and I am not a fan.


I'll have more tile photos in the next few days. We are in the process of choosing hardware for all of the doors and cabinets. We also met with a fence company so that we can put up a fence for Cooper and a future garden. We are going to take a class this weekend on "square foot gardening" at the local nursery.....growing more in less space....sounds interesting.

We spent some time on the electricity issue today.....going to APS, talking to the realty company and credit union that now owns the lots around us. It's still "up in the air" and we are getting nervous about getting a final inspection in June so that we can move in. I'll keep you posted...keep your fingers crossed for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment