I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lots of Projects!

Matt is cutting the piece of wood for the fireplace mantel. He has to get it done before Cort comes on Saturday to do the stone work.


Dan is cutting tile for the entry way. You sure have to be patient to cut tile.....it's a slow process.


Entry way with porcelain tile and natural stone border. It looks like a rug.


Bob came today with all of the cabinets. He had a truck load plus a trailer.


He does beautiful work. I love the color......it's called Looking Glass. He told me I should do a mauve wall color in the laundry room. Mauve and grey do look great together but I don't think so.


Bob will be back on Friday to set all the cabinets.


Master bath shower is coming along. It is a marble called Manhattan.


After looking at Ikea closets and spending an hour on the phone with a salesperson at the Container Store to design our master closet, we have decided to have Matt do the closet. We mostly need hanging spaces and some shelves. All of the bells and whistles that you can get now are nice, I guess, but we are going to stick with the basics. The closet is large enough to put in a chair or stool, and I'll get some containers for the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment