I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Moving Begins

We have spent the last two days driving back and forth between the rental house and our new house with boxes of "stuff." Movers are coming on Saturday to move the furniture. We are trying to do everything else via car trips. It's been hot.....95 degrees......but we have persevered.


I did closets today. I love my new shoe rack.


Also love the pantry....the perfect place for big bowls and roasting pans as well as grocery supplies.


I stacked the dishes in the back of my car and drove very slowly....nothing broke and I didn't have to wrap anything!


We tried out our new in-house vacuum system. I love it. The hose is long and reaches across the laundry room, kitchen and great room!
I got this rug for the master bedroom.....grays and browns with a bit of blue.


We rolled out the 23 foot Persian carpet. (Randy grew up with it.) We haven't seen it for almost two years! It's an old friend and it felt good to see it in the great room.


Our gutters were installed today. Just in time for the monsoons which should start soon....usually after July 4th.


This is a gutter chain.....there are two on either side of the front door.


Our garage just had epoxy applied to it. It looks great and will be easier to keep clean. The only problem is that we can't put anything in it for 3 days. (Stuff is piling up!)


We probably won't get a garden in this year so Randy bought some tomato plants and put them in a topsy turvy container. Matt helped him hang them on the deck today. We actually will be hanging bird feeders from these poles in the future.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats Jeannie and Randy. It's hard to believe all that you have accomplished over this past year. Your house looks amazing and like your motto says, It's time to start working at living. I know you are unpacking and settling in but when you get a break could you send me your new address. I hope you are able to really start relaxing now that you are HOME.

    ReplyDelete