I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Appliances Arrive

Our appliances arrived from Phoenix yesterday. We are storing them in the garage as we are still waiting for the painters to finish painting the interior of the house. They have promised to be done by Thursday morning.


We are glad that we have the stove and the trim kit so that we can figure out how to cut the granite for the island in the kitchen. The granite guys will be back at the beginning of next week.


I had the painter spray paint some old oak bookcases thinking we could repurpose them in the guest rooms and Randy's office. We will be doing built-ins eventually in Randy's office but will need something in the interim. I also had him paint an old scuffed up chair and small cabinet that may work in the entry bathroom. The color is "Jet".....a bit darker than the kitchen cabinets. I like the contrast.


Cooper has a bone at the house site. He hides it when we leave and then he finds it again the next time we arrive at the site. I have no idea where he hides it, but it keeps reappearing day after day.


No comments:

Post a Comment