I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Tuesday Afternoon Final Inspection

We have been finishing up projects and getting ready for the final inspection.

The greenhouse wall is finished. It should absorb lots of winter sun. The box on the counter contains special halide grow lights.....soon to be installed.


Matt put the hooks up in the bathrooms. Bob put the cabinet knobs on today.


Kitchen knobs are all done. My 95 cent knobs look great.


These beauties are in the entry "powder room." I caught Cooper trying to grab one with his mouth.


I had to buy a smaller mirror for the powder room. My original one was 36 inches and the counter is only 37 inches so it overpowered the bathroom. I think the 36 inch mirror will work in the master bedroom.


This is a photo of the light fixture over the staircase. It was a present from Randy's mom, Suzie. I just love it...wood and iron. But it is going to be a pain to change the light bulbs!


This is the fixture that hangs over the oak table in the great room.


We went over the floors today to get the "big stuff" up. Serious cleaning starts tomorrow. Claudia and her daughter are coming to help us.


The shop vac.....my new best friend.


Our inspection is tomorrow afternoon. We know we still need to do a few things......railings on the deck for instance. (Parts haven't come in yet.)

We hope to move everything but the furniture and book boxes on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday via car loads. The moving van is coming on Saturday and will use a small truck to shuttle things from the rental to the new house. We should be able to sleep in our new house on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment