I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Getting Ready for the Trusses

The trusses were delivered today. They will go on top of the walls. A crane arrives tomorrow to raise them onto the top of the house.


These nasty looking things are holding the trusses together.


Matt, the builder, spent a lot of time on top of the house, walking on 2x6s (5 1/2 inches wide).


He created the layout of the trusses.......a lot of measuring.



Brian brought over his bobcat so that we could smooth out the dirt in front of the house. Matt, the builder, likes things neat and tidy......just like me!


2 comments:

  1. This is so cool!!! I am astounded by the progress (it seems so quick from an outsiders point of view, probably not so much when you are living it day-to-day)!!! It really is so neat and tidy! :)

    The Anderson girls send "hello's" and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs back to the Anderson girls. I miss you and hope school is going well for you all.
    We have been making a lot of progress lately. The weather has cooperated and the guys are focused workers who work long hours.
    We hope to be in the house by June 1st. Keep your fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete