I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 4 Excavation

We needed to dig a trench through solid granite and this baby did it!!! Our grandsons would have loved to see this piece of equipment in action.


It was very big....and came loaded on a large transporter. We called just in time as the operator was headed up north to work on campgrounds until May.


Boy, did it create some dust!

This trench is for water, electrical, cable TV and telephone.

There's Hooter.....he worked for four hours. He didn't even wear ear plugs.


Pretty nice trench, don't ya think?


1 comment:

  1. Hi To you,

    I'm enjoying reading about your adventures. I hope you will continue your pursuit of fly fishing. I have gone with my brother and loved it.

    Love,

    kathy

    ReplyDelete