I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Literacy Volunteer

I am volunteering two times a week for the Rim Country Literacy Project. I have two students from the White Mountain Apache Tribe. Murphy is in his late 20s and Debra is 48 years old. Their goal is to get their GED. My biggest task now is to help them learn how to write a five paragraph essay. We're working on the introductory paragraph at the moment...one step at a time.


Working with adults is different from working with elementary students and I am enjoying the challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I love following what you are doing. Keep blogging, its fantastic and helps me feel like we get to be a part of this with you!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete