I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Deck, Greenhouse Start, Choosing Paint

The guys are working on the south facing deck. They ran out of the special screws they were using so Randy placed an overnight order and went to UPS early this morning hoping he could get the package before they loaded up the truck.....no such luck. The package was already on the truck and they didn't have time to search for it so we will have to wait until it is delivered later this afternoon. Then the deck can be finished.


Matt and his dad framed in the greenhouse which is located in back of the garage. We ordered the glass for it. Randy wants to do a masonry wall on the wall between the greenhouse and the garage that will hold the heat overnight when it is cold outside.


I have been going back and forth with paint colors. I chose some and then painted sample sections on the wall. The colors I chose looked darker on the wall....I then looked at lighter samples. I have been working with greys which are tricky. Some have a green base, some blue and some purple. I think I have arrived on the right one....Silver Spoon for the walls and Cold Morning on the ceilings. Downstairs bedrooms will be a creamy white called Baby's Breath. Then, of course, you have to decide on the finish.....flat, matte, satin, semigloss, etc. I made a list for the painter AND I AM NOT CHANGING MY MIND!


Hedgehog cactus are blooming on our lot.


Granite guy comes this afternoon to measure the countertops.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your grays, mom. The cacti look awesome.

    ReplyDelete