I'm a retired educator (teacher/principal) who moved from Northern California to Payson, Arizona in September, 2010.
This blog will chronicle my adventures as I explore a different ecosystem and build my new home.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Granite

The granite for the kitchen and laundry room arrived from the Phoenix warehouse.


Unloading and setting up the work table.


Grinding away.....


The first counter placed and glued.


Some counters had the sink hole already cut out.


Laundry room counter.


Cutting the sink hole in the support board to match the hole in the granite.


Laundry counter done......love the rusty red streaks.


Kitchen counter.


We had a sink like the laundry room sink to go into this countertop (second sink in the kitchen) but it seemed too big for the counter. Luckily they hadn't cut this sink hole. We dashed to Home Depot to get another sink. They had none in stock...it was a special order deal. Randy begged them to sell us the display sink....they did. Whew! This one is a much better size.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeanne and Randy,

    I love checking in and catching up with your amazing house project! The granite counter tops look beautiful! I remember when I remodeled my kitchen I asked to keep the cut outs of granite from the sinks etc. I then bought 4 wooden drawer knobs and glued them on each corner on the bottom of the cut out piece; and it made a very nice matching cutting board! Just a way not to waste!

    Mary Silveria is a very busy place right now, as you must remember! Sharman and Cynda are leaving us:(!
    Hi to the cats and the very cute doggie!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete